Social Security, Entitlement, Not Hardly
Hey, most of my followers know how I feel about the welfare system and the entitlement mentality in America today, but for our Congress to call social security an entitlement, like it is a dirty word, just sets my hair on fire. Entitlement, my ass, I paid for the program right along side of most Americans. If the morons in Congress had not borrowed the funds, we would not be in the shape we are in now. There would be funds to pay the benefits instead of the “robbing of Peter to pay Paul” that we have today. They put people in prison for lesser crimes in the real world. I am going to show you a few things here; and remember, I’m a “Common Sense” guy, not a math expert, so you can check the numbers if you want but they will be close. This is for example purposes only.
- Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security, but your employer did, too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500.
- If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5%(less than what the government pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you’d have $892,919.98.
- If you took out only 3% per year, you’d receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you’re 95 if you retire at age 65) and that ‘s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you ‘d have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month, or $35,712 per year.
- The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Madoff ever had.
- Entitlement, not hardly! I paid cash for my social security insurance!!! Just because they borrowed the money, doesn ‘t make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!
- Congressional benefits —- free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three week’s paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that’s welfare, and they have the nerve to call my social security retirement an entitlement?
- We’re “broke” and can ‘t help our own seniors, veterans, orphans, homeless.
- We have provided aid to other countries; literally BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!
- They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when it’s time for us to collect, the government is running out of money.
- Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? Imagine if the GOVERNMENT gave US the same support they give to other countries.
- Sad isn’t it?
We, as Americans, have to start taking part in the running of our country more seriously than we have of late. We have let the establishment run their shams for so long without even a peep that they think they have the right, as the elite they think they are, to make laws that apply to us but in no way should they have to live under the laws they pass for us to live under. Folks, this is your fault, and you better get “outa the shade and on your feet, off your ass and into the heat” or you are going to wake up someday and all your freedoms will be a thing of the past. It is just “COMMON SENSE,” if you give them an inch they’ll take a mile.